Monday, October 7, 2013

Guitar 1 Rep Week 5 Recap

Fellas, we've come a long way!
I enjoyed pausing this week to review where we've come from. It's a nice long list.
We played through Wilco, Bob Marley, The Band, Jonathan Edwards, and The Drifters. An impressive songbag after only 4 weeks on the job.

The new tune this week was R.E.M.'s The One I Love, which features a simple riff. Remember to read the fractions at the bottom of the page this way: top number = string, bottom number = fret.
You play those 4 notes in place of the first measure of Em in the "fire" section. The rhythm is "One...and three and..." and then you strum through the measures of D and Em as written.

Spend some time with that scale worksheet I handed out. If you thought my explanation of scales was confusing, try making sense of it on Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_scale
Sheeeeeeesh! Ignore all that, and just think "Do-Re-Mi..." and you're golden.

Next week, more songs, more riffs, more laughs, more memories!

And don't forget to sign up for the next session by this Thursday night to save yourself $15 with the code "FALLFOLK13." I'll be teaching Guitar 2 on Sundays at noon, SATURDAYS AT 11AM! so let's keep the band together and learn some new chords and skills together without any interruption in the routine!

2 comments:

  1. Guitar 2 is Sunday at noon, or Saturday at 11. I thought it was Saturday at 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! You're right! Good catch. I got my classes confused. I'll correct it, thanks!

      Delete