Monday, October 28, 2013

Graduation Gushing!

This is probably the best band photo I've ever been in! (and thanks for requesting that I be included, Thursday G2R!!!)

The Saturday G1R Gents of Distinction!

Sweet Sunday aka G2R!
Ohhhhhh you guys!!!! What a week! Never have I had so much fun at graduation shows, or been more proud of what my students have accomplished! And once again, a ton of people--fellow teachers, OTSoFM staff, other students--pulled me aside to tell me how great my class sounded. I hope you can all appreciate how hard you rocked, and that you'll keep on strummin'!
I know I'll be seeing a lot of you next session, and to you and all the rest of you who'll be moving on down the road--it's truly been a pleasure to work with you! Thanks for your patience, hard work, laughing at my lame jokes, and making me a better teacher every week.

Here are some videos. Thanks to John, Mrs. Larry, and...my mom for the videography. (the last person on that list got a little flustered with her phone--and also 'cause I called attention to her from the stage--so there's a little chunk missing from the beginning of the song, but she got most of it!)

Thursday Guitar 2 Rep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJpj2vWunIQ
(The riffs are DEAD ON! And I love how big and boomy it sounds with so many of us all at once)

Saturday Guitar 1 Rep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfpBs6-HFs8
(Holy cats I can't believe how awesome the singing is! You were singing so loud and proud that you can hardly hear the riff...which also sounds awesome!)

Sunday Guitar 2 Rep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPesOOWtHRM
(Nice job on the harmonies, Katie! All of you were totally locked into the tempo and you nailed the intro--even if there isn't video evidence.)

Take a bow!
And see you this week in the new session.




No comments:

Post a Comment