Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Session 5, Week 8 Recap -- ALL CLASSES

Hi folky-folks!
That's a wrap on another fine session. You don't need a recap because you all know how awesomely you performed at the Student Showcases. I just wanted to say that it's such an honor to play music with you, and I'm truly proud of each of you for the hard work you turned out these last couple of months.

I do want to specifically give props to Thursday night's G4Ever for seamlessly pulling off a MEDLEY (though not technically, but y'know). There's video in our facebook group if you haven't seen it yet. Awesome job on both tunes. How'd it feel to perform 7.5 minutes of music?! That's like 20% of a full set list! Getting there!

I also want to give a very warm congratulations to Tim from Guitar 1 on Saturday, who gave a SOLO command performance, to much accolade. I've seen other teachers take a single student up on stage, but that was my first experience with it too so we both did something new! Thanks for your courage! You're a natural. (But I promise you'll have some more bandmates next session!)

And I can't forget the be-wigged Ziggys of Sunday's Guitar 3 Rep! The Thin White Duke couldn't have done it any better. Thank you for putting your hearts into one of my favorite songs. It means the world to me, and the full house on hand to witness it will never forget it.

I've got lots of fun things planned for the new session, so I look forward to seeing you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment