Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'm Alive! aka Session 5, Week 4 Recap -- ALL CLASSES

Hey gang!
I did not succumb to the plague, though I don't mind telling you that I lost a full week to feeling crummier than I ever have before. The fog finally lifted last night and I've managed to make it through a full day at the Museum today, so things are looking up for me! Get your flu shots, kids. This year's strain is NO joke. Oof. Thanks for your get-well notes and warm wishes. They helped a lot!

I don't have much to post in the way of recaps, since I had to call upon Jimmy T. to arrange subs for most of my classes. I hope you had fun while I was away, and maybe learned something new from someone new. You'll have to teach ME when we next meet!

Sunday's Guitar 3rep was the only class I managed to drag in for--though I'm sure you all wish I'd gotten a sub instead (and I ended up spending the next two days in bed, so THAT was a mistake!).
We polished up Ziggy and then I prattled on about random music theory tidbits like ear training and intervals, and finding octaves on the guitar, and key signatures. What a mishmash! Back to our regularly-scheduled good-time strum-alongs next time.

If you've been to see the Bowie exhibit, I'm jealous. I'm going a week from today and I cannot wait.
Anyone else get tickets for Patti Smith at the School? I'm super-excited for that as well.
(I'm just making conversation here because this seems like such a short update!)
I just read Kim Fowley's autobiography "Lord of Garbage" and it's nuts. Just like him. Here's a great review. (You may not know his name, but you know his work.)
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/04/entertainment/la-et-jc-kim-fowley-memoir-lord-of-garbage-20130303
Next up on the reading list is "The History of Rock 'n' Roll ins Ten Songs" by Greil Marcus. I'll let you know how it is.
OK </blather> see you soon, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment