Friday, June 7, 2013

I Won't Let You Down

Oh boy do I have blogs to catch up on!
Later today I'll post a recap of the songs we've covered so far this session, and the strumming patterns to go with them. I'll also post an interesting article about minor intervals, and also a link to the Bowie documentary on Vimeo.

But first, in case I haven't mentioned it 100x already--music is good for kids! Those of you who have children of your own, I can't encourage you enough to get them into lessons. Even better still, play music WITH them! Bring home what we've learned in class and share it together. (Sometimes they even write their own lyrics, like Tom from Thursday class's genius offspring who rewrote 'Sons & Daughters' to be about 'Sons & Otters.' I love that!) I firmly believe that all kids have an intuitive grasp of music that, with the tiniest nurturing, can blossom into great things later in life, like superior math and science skills, self-discipline, creativity, empathy...it's a long list.

If you don't believe me, just look at this little guy...



No comments:

Post a Comment