Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Birthday to...Megan's Dad!

Megan from my Sunday class was supposed to remind me to show her how to play Happy Birthday for her dad this week, and we both forgot! Sorry about that, but with luck you'll read this. We couldn't have done it until the very end anyway because it requires the shiny new G chord that we've only just learned.

I assume that we ALL know people that have birthdays, so I figured this was a good lesson to share with all of you. But before I just give up the goods here, see if you an figure it out yourself. You know the song, don't you? I'll give you a hint: you only need three chords.

Ok ok, I'll narrow it down even further for you: the three chords in question are D, A, and G.

Sing the tune to yourself and monkey around with those three chords and see if you can figure out the pattern by ear. Go ahead! It won't hurt and you'll feel SO good if you can decode the song yourself. If you're still stumped after you give it the old college try, scroll past these pictures I found when I Googled "guitar birthday" for the answer. (But try to resist cheating and only use it to check your own hard work, mmmkay?

 

Highlight the text below to reveal answer:
             D                  A
Happy birthday to you

              A                  D

Happy birthday to you

              D                           G

Happy birthday to dear whoever

             D              A  D

Happy birthday to you


No comments:

Post a Comment