Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Seesion 3, Week 7 Recap -- ALL CLASSES

Hey gang! It's almost time to take our victory lap at the Student Showcase next week, but this pas week we still had a bit of work to do--namely the songs of the session. If you haven't looked up Malvina's own version of Little Boxes, do yourself a favor and check it out: http://youtu.be/2_2lGkEU4Xs
I just love her voice.
There are many many versions of Water is Wide on YouTube also, but I'm partial to Pete's singalong version, because...Pete. Just Pete: http://youtu.be/wenQ_ThYksA

The rundown of Showcase songs is as follows --

Thursday Guitar 4: Just What I Needed (see previous post for a video tutorial). Stick with it! It's gonna be fine so long as we're all in it together. Pinky swear! We'll meet at 8:30p as per usual. Show starts at 9pm.

Saturday Guitar 3rep: Never My Love. It's gonna be so purdy! Ziggy is the fallback but I bet we won't need it. We meet at 11am as usual, and our show starts at noon so all your guests can get comfy in the concert hall.

Sunday Guitar 2rep: Heart of Gold--BUT (and it's a big but) there's always a chance that a class before us will play it. It's a popular tune at all levels. We don't want to get upstaged, so keep We're Gonna Be Friends ready as our back-up plan. Meet me at noon like always, and tell your guests that curtain goes up at 12:45p. But there isn't really a curtain.

E-mail me with questions, practice hard, and ENJOY the fruits of a productive session!
Remember next session starts up immediately, so if you haven't registered yet you'll wanna get on that so you don't miss a beat.
As always, it's an honor and a privilege to be your teach, and I learn far more from you all than I could ever reciprocate. Thanks for the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment